Saturday, April 13, 2013

Classroom 2.0 LIVE show

I participated in an online seminar through Classroom 2.0.  Since receiving the assignment of participating in online chats, my eyes have been opened to how many chats there are.  The value is the "come as you are" approach, and the negatives, for me, include weeding through the extraneous activity and remembering to show up at just the right time, as the many time zones to confuse me. There are some technical glitches from every direction, but with both visual chatting going on as well as the audio activity, the gist of the topic can be covered.

The chat today highlighted new teachers, but then spun off into links for other chats and resources, and further explanation of how records of chats are preserved and found.  As I participate more, I'll become better at choosing and showing up for the chats most valuable to me.

1 comment:

  1. Today I joined a chat through DEN with Ashleigh Jensen leading. She is from Iowa and has experience with Learning Management Systems. We discussed Edmodo, Moodle and MyBigCampus. I feel like I am expanding my knowledge of a foreign language, and that Iowa is certainly ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete